Our desire at PV is a Christ-centered model of discipleship in everything we do, walking with our members as they follow Jesus, are changed by Jesus and commit to the mission of Jesus. To that end, all PV-organized groups, whether volunteer or staff led, will follow this model of discipleship to help members and guests foster connections that aid in personal growth and disciple-making.
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” Acts 2:42
The early church in Acts was alive, growing, and most importantly transforming lives to be more like Jesus. These groups follow that model of intentional, disciple-making which is a primary focus of our vision at PV. These groups exist to make disciples by practicing spiritual formation and soul care through accountability and individual attention. Leaders will be trained, supported and discipled by PV Shepherds and staff.
PURPOSE & FOCUS
- Promote churchwide discipleship through the model given in Acts 2:42.
- Groups will be grounded in scripture as a primary tool for discipleship.
- Groups will be encouraged to build service (to the church family and to the community) into the rhythm of their groups.
- Groups will be “open,” multi-generational and multi-cultural.
Re:Gen is a Christ-centered 12-step discipleship program devoted to walking a long side the broken of this world. If you have ever traded what is valuable, for what is desired then this is for you. Control, anger, anxiety, depression to actual addictions do not have to take over your life! For more information
GriefShare is a safe, friendly group of people who will walk with you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. If you have experienced loss and need help coping, you don’t have to go through the grieving process alone.
Other Connections through Ministries
- Alpha groups connect people who are open to exploring life, faith, and meaning. Each weekly session includes a shared meal, a short talk on an element of the Christian faith, and a chance to ask questions and share perspectives. LEARN MORE
- DGroups are small groups of 3-5 people of the same gender that are going deeper in a discipling relationship. These groups are formed organically through prayer and fasting. If you would like more information, contact Courtney Hirscheider or Lynn Cook.
- The Multi-Cultural Involvement Ministry works to build intentional relationships that break down cultural barriers. Contact J C Thomas Jr for more information.