Our desire at PV is a Christ-centered model of discipleship in everything we do, walking with our members as they follow Jesus, are changed by Jesus and commit to the mission of Jesus. To that end, all PV-organized groups, whether volunteer or staff led, will follow this model of discipleship to help members and guests foster connections that aid in personal growth and disciple-making.
- Assembly: Gathering as the whole body of Christ at PV for a worship service.
- Mid-Size Groups: Bible classes, Support & Recovery Groups, Children & Youth Ministries, TAP, Men’s & Women’s Ministries
- 2:42 Discipling Groups: Small groups that exist to make disciples by practicing spiritual formation and soul care. All PV members are encouraged to be in a 2:42 or D-Group. All 2:42 Discipling Groups will be under the care of a PV shepherd.
- D-Groups: Smaller, same-gender groups of 3-5 people who go deeper in sharing personal stories and struggles and gain support for spiritual health and healing.
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” Acts 2:42
The early church in Acts was alive, growing, and most importantly transforming lives to be more like Jesus. These groups will follow that model of intentional, disciple-making which is a primary focus of our vision at PV. These groups exist to make disciples by practicing spiritual formation and soul care through accountability and individual attention. Leaders will be trained, supported and discipled by PV Shepherds and staff.
PURPOSE & FOCUS
- Promote churchwide discipleship through the model given in Acts 2:42.
- Groups will be grounded in scripture as a primary tool for discipleship.
- Groups will be encouraged to build service (to the church family and to the community) into the rhythm of their groups.
- Groups will be “open,” multi-generational and multi-cultural.
- Groups will primarily meet on Wednesday nights but Sunday nights and other possibilities are available.
- Youth will have their own 2:42 groups through their Wednesday night Bible classes and teen discipling groups.
- Group leaders will be trained in September and each group will be cared for by a PV shepherd.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT SPECIFICS
- Groups meet from 6:30 – 7:30 PM.
- Classes will be held for youth of all ages. Teens will begin at 6 pm with snacks, games and worship, then move to their discipling groups which are gender and age-based.
- Enter through the same doors used on Sunday mornings – West Entrance and South Entrance. The Family Life Center Entrance will remain locked.
- Children must be signed in at the PVKid’s desk. Pick-up will be at the children’s classroom door promptly at 7:30 PM.
- Please keep your children with you before and after class. The gym will not be available for unattended children.
Ready to lead a group?
Other Connections through Ministries
- Alpha groups connect people who are open to exploring life, faith, and meaning. Each weekly session includes a shared meal, a short talk on an element of the Christian faith, and a chance to ask questions and share perspectives. LEARN MORE
- The Multi-Cultural Involvement Ministry works to build intentional relationships that break down cultural barriers. Contact J C Thomas Jr for more information.
- Sunday Night Discipleship Course: Contact Jordan Crow for more information.
- Women’s Connect Groups: CLICK HERE to join a group in your area.
- Men’s Ministry will be adding groups soon. For more information, contact Blake Hirscheider.