Now is the time for the church to shine and show our community how great our God really is! The PV staff will be continually working to match the needs of our community and church family with volunteers to meet those needs. If you have an idea or see a need in your neighborhood, go for it and let us know how we can support you!
PV PEN PALS
Loneliness is a struggle many of us are facing and will face, especially during this time. One way to help combat that struggle, and make our church stronger, is to bring back the lost art of letter and card writing.
PV Pen Pal kits come in the mail and include a card addressed to a PV member 65 or older. Conversational and prayer request prompts will get the ball rolling and the member who receives a card will then have the opportunity to write you back.
SIGN UP: Simply email YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS to Audrey Crow!
CHECK ON YOUR NEIGHBORS
Nursing Home patients especially need a word of encouragement and connection during this time. Take a moment this week to send a card (favorite scripture, a kind word, have the kids draw some pictures), to be passed out to a resident at a nursing home you are familiar with or at these where our members are employed:
- The Greenhouse Cottages of Poplar Grove: 7801 Kanis Road, Little Rock, AR 72204
- Cottage Lane Health and Rehab: 800 Brookside Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205
- LOOK FOR CITY-WIDE OPPORTUNITES
- City Connections is organizing a number of efforts across the city with lots of nonprofits. Watch their Facebook page for ways to plug in.
- Our House also has lots of needs at this time: food, meals, diapers, wipes, cleaning supplies, gloves, masks too.